Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm so glad to start 2009. After leaving my friends' party tonight, I actually managed to snag a cab in New York City. For the 45 or so blocks, the Pakistani driver and I yacked on and on about life, love, marriage- but mostly about our goals and aspirations for the new year. When we finally reached my building and had to part ways, we said to each other, in a manner of speaking, "This was nice - I hope I get to see you again someday..." and as I paid him, he passed along his medallion number - 2N46. Could he possibly realize the significance, i.e., 2N=46- the number of human chromsomes - what a unique medallion he has?? I just know that I won't forget it- and, in this important year of Darwin's 200th birthday, what a nice way to start the year... Happy New Year everyone. May we all resolve to find our commonalities and move beyond our differences, and make this a special and important new year,

1 comment:

S.Crane said...

Happy New Year Susan!